Advance the Cause (ATC) Application
Thank you for participating at the highest levels of the Teton Program! The WTLA Board of Directors has approved the development of ATC benefits in order to promote the free and candid exchange of information among plaintiff’s attorneys in Wyoming. Whether on the ATC Listserv or at an exclusive ATC seminar, members will no longer have to censor themselves because of an uncertain audience. In order to join ATC, please review and complete the certification below. Once submitted, the Teton Committee will review your application and contact you. All existing members will be notified when new members join. Thank you again.
• Uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Wyoming State Constitution.
• Promote the administration of justice for the public good.
• Preserve the adversary system and the right to trial by jury.
• Develop and encourage high standards of professional conduct among all attorneys.
• Advance the cause of people who are injured in person or property.
• Educate attorneys and the general public on the importance and use of the adversary and jury trial system.
In order to receive ATC benefits, Applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
1) Applicant shall not derive more than 10% of Applicant’s annual gross income from work on behalf of insurers, insureds, or self-insured business entities (or their employees) in cases directly or indirectly involving alleged injuries to another’s person or property;
2) Applicant agrees to immediately notify the Executive Director and/or the Teton Committee Chair if, at any time, the Applicant no longer meets Criterion No. 1 above, with the understanding that ATC benefits will be unavailable to Applicant at that time;
3) Except as required by law, Applicant shall maintain strict confidentiality over any information communicated among ATC members and at any ATC forum. Applicant shall not share or divulge such information or communication except to another ATC member;
4) To the extent that specific cases or case matters may be discussed on the ATC Listserv or at an ATC forum, Applicant agrees and acknowledges that Applicant’s involvement in such discussions is that of a consultant to the attorney or attorneys primarily handling the case, and that Applicant shall maintain strict confidentiality over such privileged matters to the fullest extent of the law;
5) Applicant agrees to refrain from unprofessional behavior, communications, or conduct of any kind on the ATC Listserv or at any ATC forum; and
6) Applicant agrees and acknowledges that his or her ongoing eligibility to receive ATC member benefits may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, upon the majority vote of the other ATC members. Tie votes will be resolved in favor of the member’s continued participation.
7) Applicant agrees that he or she has read, understands and will adhere to each of the tenets and objectives of the mission statement of the Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association.